Saucier man behind bars after standoff with deputies | Crime
A Saucier man was arrested after allegedly attempting to take his life and firing a gun shot towards deputies when they tried stopping him, according to Harrison County Sheriff Melvin Brisolara.
Brisolara said, the sheriff’s department learned the suspect was attempting to kill himself after a family member called at around 6:30 Saturday night. Fifty-three-year-old Kenneth James Sellier of the 18500 block of Lakeview Court faces a charge of aggravated assault on a police officer.
“We had him in his house. We disconnected his utilities. He came out the back door,” Brisolara said.
That’s when Sellier allegedly ran to his back porch and hid underneath his home. Deputies surround the home’s perimeter.
“He fired a shot from underneath the house,” Brisolara said. “It didn’t hit anyone.”
Brisolara said Sellier had two guns on him. No one was injured and no word on why Sellier threatened his life.
Sellier was arrested and taken to the Harrison County Adult Detention Center. His bond was set at $200,000.
Top Gulfport Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Red Cross Gives Tips on Severe Weather Threat Download Free Tornado App
- St. Martin High School's Winans named CiviSTAR Good Citizen of The Year
- North Bay Civitans to announce Civi-Star of the year at dinner Saturday
- Time running out for annual scholarship applications
- Reward for missing dog doubled to $10,000
- USM puts campus beautification on hold, encourages donations to Oklahoma
- Arts Under the Oaks brings unique items to Long Beach
- Harrison County Sheriff's Office Blood Drive is May 23
- Long Beach School District school nutrition program continues to improve equipment through grants
- How much do Mississippi's public college presidents make?