Farm Families of MS: Pork | Restaurants
In 2012, Mississippi’s 439 pork producers contributed a production value of $102 million dollars to our state’s economy. Pork is ideal for the calorie conscious. Pork’s high ratio of nutrients to calories is termed “high nutrient density”. A three ounce serving of lean pork has only 165 calories. Besides being comparatively low in calories, three ounces of cooked lean pork contains only a moderate amount of cholesterol; just 67 mg.
Enjoy is recipe for a delicious dinner. Check out our website at www.growingmississippi.org or follow us on Facebook by searching for Farm Families of Mississippi.
Apple Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops
4 boneless pork chops, ¾-inch thick
1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. apple jelly
¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
¼ c. apple juice
2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
Season chops with pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; brown chops on one side. Turn chops; add apple juice, jelly and mustard to skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 8-10 minutes.
Recipe Source: National Pork Board
Information prepared by Nancy Freeman, Consultant, email@example.com
Information provided by Farm Families of Mississippi, www.growingmississippi.org
Top Gulfport Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- North Bay Civitans to announce Civi-Star of the year at dinner Saturday
- Time running out for annual scholarship applications
- Reward for missing dog doubled to $10,000
- United Way of South Mississippi Announces Request for 2013 Grant Applications
- North Bay Civitan Club of D'Iberville-St. Martin recently names new club members
- Harrison County Sheriff's Office Blood Drive is May 23
- Long Beach School District school nutrition program continues to improve equipment through grants
- How much do Mississippi's public college presidents make?
- Long Beach coffee business brewing up expansion plans
- Slain police officers remembered in Long Beach