Pass Road Elementary holding Jeans for Teens Drive | Schools
Have old jeans in the back of your closet? Well you could drop them off at Pass Road Elementary for their Jeans for Teens drive.
The elementary school along with Aeropostale will donate those jeans to the National Coalition for the Homeless.
This is the 5th year Aeropostale has participated in the drive, and they've collected more than 1,500,000 pairs of jeans for homeless teenagers.
The school's principal said the entire community is getting involved.
"We have a lot of community interest. We have the Airforce base, all the schools here in the Gulfport School District are helping us collect jeans and again it's for a great cause. It's for homeless teens hear across America that could use a pair of jeans," Principal of Pass Road Middle School Kenny Hudson said.
The drive ends on Febuary 15, if the school meets their goal, Aeropostale will donate $5,000 dollars to Pass Road Elementary and jeans for every student in the school.
Top Gulfport Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- North Bay Civitans to announce Civi-Star of the year at dinner Saturday
- Time running out for annual scholarship applications
- Reward for missing dog doubled to $10,000
- United Way of South Mississippi Announces Request for 2013 Grant Applications
- North Bay Civitan Club of D'Iberville-St. Martin recently names new club members
- Harrison County Sheriff's Office Blood Drive is May 23
- Long Beach School District school nutrition program continues to improve equipment through grants
- How much do Mississippi's public college presidents make?
- Long Beach coffee business brewing up expansion plans
- Slain police officers remembered in Long Beach